We realize that players and parents have a choice as to where to play club or AAU Basketball. The choice is an important one even for the youngest players. There are many fine organizations and some not so fine!.
I would like to state our case because I have such a passion and love for what we do.
- Lightning been in existence for 30 years. We have sent over 750 players on to play college basketball. Over 90% of our players have progressed to play on their Varsity team at their respective high school. Over 95% played for their Middle School team. As our motto says, “We Value the Outcome”.
- Lightning is in a partnership with the Curry Brand to wear Steph Curry’s gear for the next three years. We are the only program in the country to have access to his sneakers and an assortment of other gear. Steph Curry, himself, agreed to join his brand with our organization because of his ongoing friendship with his former college coach, our own Jim Fox. This is a unique opportunity to be affiliated with possibly the best basketball player in the world.
- Lightning and Island Garden signed a five year naming rights deal with Northwell Health Services Orthopedics. This will provide all of our players access to top level medical care, if necessary, as well as a wide array of other services. Northwell Health will have a physical trainer on site at the Island Garden beginning in February to be available to treat and prevent all injuries. As a member of Lightning, parents and athletes will have access to education and physical development programs for athletes of all ages. Lightning families will also have a “concierge” service for all members of the family (referrals to top doctors in all specialties).
- We place a tremendous emphasis on training of both players and coaches. Our top trainer, Jim Fox Jr., has 18 years’ experience at the College Division l Level and four years before that at the St. Dominic High School where he went 45-1 as the Freshmen Coach and as the Assistant Varsity Coach on their NY State Championship team. Jim was recently selected by Steph Curry to be one of the lead coaches at Curry’s elite basketball camp which had the top 26 high school players in the country in attendance. Jim worked alongside not only Steph Curry but also the legendary Bob McKillop of Davidson College. Our other trainers include Kevin Carpenter of Mecca Basketball who is also our Nassau North Shore and Suffolk Director, Joe Nesci who is the legendary coach of NYU and Bill Harkins formerly of St. Mary’s High School. Every Lightning player will receive training on a weekly basis as part of their of their registration with Lightning Basketball at no additional cost.
- This coming season, we will be adding to the structure of Lightning by forming selected teams that will play a more competitive schedule throughout the Northeast. We will also have the bulk of our teams playing in the NY Metropolitan area with less demands on travel. There should be a team for everyone.
- Our coaches are carefully screened and monitored. In addition, they are required to attend training sessions conducted by Jim Fox and Bill Harkins. Professional development is a very important part of Lightning’s vision.
- We operate and use several top level facilities in Nassau and Suffolk. We directly operate Island Garden and are closely affiliated with the Northsport Facility in Northport. We also enjoy a close working relationship with LIU Post in Brookville, the Chabad in Port Washington and the MAC Center in Mitchell Field where we host practices and games. We either own the leases or have a strong working agreement with these sites and, as a result, are not at the whim of someone else. Space is one of our greatest assets. We also have a close long-term working relationships with St. Dominic High School, St. Ignatius in Hicksville, Trinity Lutheran in Hicksville and the Garden City Recreation Center. Each day we work on expanding our space and have been successful in coming closer to agreements with new facilities in the area.
- Lightning has seven full time staff members as well as seven part-timers. Our office is open seven days a week throughout the year. Attending to our teams is not a hobby but rather our primary goal.
- Our vision for over 30 years has been to provide accessibility to every athlete, boy or girl, to play and improve their skills because they love basketball. We try never to turn anyone away in order to simply have a strong team. Our teams consistently develop into strong teams as the result of outstanding coaching and training.
- Our leadership has remained the same for three decades. We have added to our original group in recent years with top administrators and basketball trainers. We have brought together a tremendous team who are committed to constant improvement and innovation. We are persistent in our efforts to provide the best possible organization for each and every player who wears the Lightning uniform. In addition, two of our leaders, Jim Fox Sr. and Karen Cammer, hold high level positions with the AAU of USA , which is the largest youth sports country in the country.
- In conclusion, our record of success speaks for itself. We are committed to never accepting the status quo and always trying to get better.
We will be accepting new players into Lightning for the Spring Season at out tryouts in January.. If you are interested, contact email@example.com.
In all, Lightning has the largest and best organized program with the most experienced leadership. We control the top facilities where we host practices and tournament throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties